Re: Speaking of Motorcycles was: Spark Plugs Breaking?

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 20:25:18 EDT

 Take a look at ALL the connections from the battery to the starter. Look
for ANY SIGNS of corrosion at the connections and corrosion where the
connectors are clamped to the wires(corrosion will travel up inside the
insulation where it can't be seen).If you have ANY corrosion on the wires or
where the cables connect to the starter,battery,starter solonoid or the
wires themselves, just remove the wires and use a combination of BAKING SODA
and a spritz of water. Water the area to be cleaned then just sprinkle on
the soda and let set for a few minutes or hours and let the soda do the
cleaning of the acid and corrosion . When finished with the soda, just run
some water on the area to wash off the part and BLOW OFF to rid of water and
use a BRASS BRUSH to shine and scrub the area and reconnect all wires. If
this doesn't work, you may have a dead cell in the battery. It'll have
enough power to let the bike bump start, but not enough to turn over the
starter, and requires battery replacement. hope this helps
 Tim--'95 custom SLT+ and '77Goldwing custom