Re: Compression test on '87 Dakota 3.9L

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 23:25:57 EDT

Okay, you're on the right path then. Seems like a blown head gasket...
-Dester

<<
 No, didn't, I performed a dry test only. I was looking for evidence of a
blown
 head gasket or cracked block. I have already decided to tear down to the
cylinder
 heads. When I get there, what I do next depends on what I learn on the way
in.
 With no block damage, I will exchange the heads for rebuilts and put the
thing
 back together, install a new radiator and keep driving. The only thing
uncertain
 at this point is the starting date.

 There is minor sludge build up in the over flow tank. No evidence of water
in the
 oil.