Re: Re: DML ATI Supercharger Kit

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 13:56:03 EDT

This is exactly how a turbo works. You don't get full boost until 3,000 or so
and only under at least heavy throttle if not WOT. A supercharger will
gradually build boost in relation to RPM because it is driven off of the
accessory drive. Turbo's run in vacuum or zero boost most of the time under
moderate acceleration. But for a daily driver I would recommend a
supercharger.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T 224HP Twin cam turbo 2.2L
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"

In a message dated 5/15/00 1:47:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cewyma@Roushind.com writes:

> I personally will be getting a s/c for my Durango. It is my daily driver
and
> would prefer not to have my engine operating at boost under low RPM's, such
> as cruising at highway speeds. I like the idea of having boost at 3,000
RPM