Re: RE: RE: jet chips

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@Texas.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 11:31:00 EDT

I found on their website that ALL of their chips are CARB approved (with EO
numbers). The funny thing is that Summit, Jegs, and the local Speed Shop
all advertise the Stage-II chips as "Offroad Use Only".

Hmmmmm.....

Either way, here's the excerpt from their website:

IS JET Performance Power Tuning emissions legal?
Yes. All JET Performance Power Tuning products are 50 state emissions legal.
They do not change the emissions at all from the stock tuning chip for any
Federal or local emissions test. C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board)
has issued Executive Order numbers D-234 through D-234-4 covering all JET
Performance Power Chips, making JET Performance chips the most complete line
of high-performance chips that can legally be sold, installed, and driven in
the state of California. Because of C.A.R.B.'s very rigid rules concerning
exhaust emissions, the Environmental Protection Agency ( E.P.A. ) accepts
C.A.R.B. approval as evidence that an aftermarket part is clean and suitable
for use in all other states.

This is new because when I had purchased my original Stage-II from Jet
(directly), it wasn't "Emissions" or "Street" Legal.

- Bernd