I HATE Rice Burners...

From: Brandon C. (goldenapollo@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 15:14:36 EDT

Just a few hours ago, I was headed over a mountian pass. Two Hondas were
trying to have it out with each other at about 90mph, and almost hit me in
their frenzy... I couldn't let them have ALL the fun, so I kicked my Dak
into high gear and took off after them. Because of the grade and the lower
O2 content of the air, it took me about :30 sec to make my way up to them,
which I did at a measly 105mph. As I passed the losing Honda, he flipped me
off as if to say "Yes, it's a P.O.S. and I hate you 'cause you're passing me
in an american made vehicle at over 100mph...". The other Honda wasn't so
easily abused, however. He dropped through his gears in an attempt to gain
speed and RPM's. I was doing about 110mph and he was able to keep up with
that pace. The grade of incline slightly leveled out, and that was ALL my
Dak needed to get over it's last shift point and drop to 3300rpm @111mph.
The Honda thought he would be cute and try to keep up with me after I had
all the power I could use, and an almost level surface on which to run...
Nope. It wasn't to be. Up ahead, I saw a Washinton State Patrol car on the
side of the road in the bushes... I went from 120 or so, right down to 70
mph. The poor, miserable, little Honda thought he'd gotten the better of
me, and didn't see him until AFTER he was already past him... That's gonna
be one HELL of a ticket. Poor bastard. His buddy in the other honda was
about :25sec behind us and had plenty of time to stop to see the pretty
lights. As a side note, my Dak's had the RPM and speed limiters
deprogrammed, so I still had plenty of room to run... Damn shame there was
one of Washington's "finest" out there...