Re: RE: Rough Cold Idle/Coolant Sensor

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 15:44:02 EDT

At 12:05 AM 5/16/00 CDT, you wrote:
>My little baby 4cyl has this problem...whenever I start it in the
>morning...it kinda hesitates staying at a high enough idle to not choke and
>kill the engine. :( I changed the plugs thinking they were dirty and not
>connecting and nada...used a fuel injector treatment and nada...now what?

Heather

As well as a faulty engine coolant sensor causing problems like this,
a vacuum leak somewhere will also do the same. On pre-96's, the
main culprit seems to be the a line leak in the EGR valve "modulator"
but this wouldn't be the case for your truck. Check the hose that
runs from the MAP sensor (front of throttle body) to the intake
manifold for loose fitting and/or tiny cracks/holes. There are other
vacuum lines as well (don't know where though).

Hope this helps.

Bob