RE: Re: DML ATI Supercharger Kit

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 16:46:26 EDT

I'm not to sure on a centrifugal supercharger the roots type on the Lightning takes 65-67 HP to turn. So in other words a stock 5.4L puts out 260 HP a supercharged lightning puts out 360, so the supercharger has a net HP rating of 100 and a gross HP rating of about 165 HP. In theory a centrifugal supercharger would require less HP to turn than a roots type. I believe I've heard about 10-20, but don't quote me on that one. It would be nice to have a centrifugal supercharger that has a varying speed pulley (a cone that moves as RPM changes, similar to a snowmobile) maybe this would allow superchargers to have move boost at lower RPM's. Wait a minute, did I just give up a million dollar idea?