Re: RE: Re: GMC Syclone/Typhoon

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 22:50:16 EDT

The V10 in the Ram and the Viper have always been the same engine.
When they first were coming up with the Viper, they figured "hey, we
got that V10 we've been designing for the Ram- lets stick that in
there!" (except they hadn't actually made a V10 yet when they were
making the Viper concept, so they had to do some welding) When they
decided to produce it, they just decided to make the Viper version
out of aluminum to keep the weight down.
Flip