4.7 oil drain plug tread FYI

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 00:05:48 EDT

FYI, The oil pan drain plug thread for the 4.7 is 14 mm, 1.5 pitch. NOT
a 1/2 inch, 20 thread. I found this out after Summit Racing sent me the
wrong oil pan drain valve two times. I replaced the plug with a valve to
get around the mess of changing the oil with the skid plate on. If you
order a valve make sure it has a nipple (yeah, yeah I know) to attach a
hose to, not all of them do.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.