RE: Oil's----ZMAX

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 08:33:31 EDT

Don't know about the Z-Max additive but here's something that may change
your mind.

A long time ago (about 8 years ago), I had contacted Slick-50 corporation
about not being satisfied with their product and wanting a full refund.
(This was on my old Camaro which was had a BB Chevy engine, lots of
go-fast-goodies, and was treated with graphite in assembly and final
break-in.) They went through several questions about the engine and driving
style and it finally came down to the type oil that was used after the
break-in period. When they found out that Graphite was used they stated
"Slick-50 can not adhere to Graphite treated metals. It's too slippery as
is."

Contrary to popular belief, graphite does NOT plug oil filters or oil
passages and is an excellent lubrication additive. My dad has a log book
for his Nissan 240 which shows an average of 1.5mpg better with the Arco
Graphite oil. He's tested Amsoil as well and it didn't bring up the MPG as
much as the graphite oil...he's an ex-dealer for Amsoil as well.

I've tried ProLong, Slick-50, Motor-Up, and X-14 Oil Additives....not
impressed by any of them. (Yes, the Dak had graphite oil run through the
engine at 3500 miles and at 10K miles.)

$0.02

- Bernd