Advice on a starter problem?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 14:15:44 EDT

hey,
    my sister has a 91 accord and after a hail storm last night, we tried to
fire it up this morning and ER... click click. no more power. didn't have
lights, or anything.

o, I pulled the dakota next to it and tried to jump start it. tried
connecting ground to the block. and removing the connectors from the battery
(just to insure the battery isn't screwed up internally) and same thing.
Er... click click click. but the funny thing is.. we left it there to
charge up for 5 minutes, and when we tried it again, there was still no power
and it kept clicking. I'm thinking there is something that has shorted out,
but does this sound like a starter going bad? I mean, I haven't driven the
car, but it's been starting up fine.

Is there anything I should check before going out and shelling 169 bucks for
a starter (advanced autoparts) or is there anything I can do to confirm it's
the starter?
-Dester