4.7 spark plug gap qestion

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 21:55:50 EDT

I'm about to swap out the Champions for Autolite 5224's and was wondering if
anybody has tried opening up the gap a little. After reading up on some
spark plug info on the web, I was thinking of opening up the gap from the
factory spec of .040 to .045 or maybe even .050. Realizing that the a wider
gap requires more voltage from the coil(s) I was wondering if the eight
little coils on the 4.7 are up to the task. Any thoughts? Maybe I'm nuts to
try this. Dunno.

Thanks mucho,
Andrew