Door ding, how do I fix paint ?

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 01:23:14 EDT

Well, DADGUMIT, I got my first beauty mark over the weekend. I
accidently let the driver's side door swing open right into the top
corner of a brick wall about halfway up the door. Man, I was mad at
myself, eight weeks old and DING. It left about a half dollar size dent.
 I took her to a Dent Wizard today, they did a real nice job of popping
the dent out the best they could, almost perfect. They weren't going to
charge me because it was not perfect, but I thought they did a real good
job so I paid the kid some anyway. When I got home I touched up the
paint, about twelve pinhead size scratches in the area of a dime were
through the paint and down to the primer. My question is, what is the
best way, short of repainting the door, to get a nice smooth clean look
were I touched up the paint ? Would rubbing compound be good for
something like this ? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.