Vortech supercharger installed

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 13:55:33 EDT

I have installed the Vortech kit on my truck on Friday and it’s been raining
ever since. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and I will be
able to post some before and after times.

The install was pretty straight forward with very little complications. If
you do not know, I have a ’98 with a 5.2 and a five speed. Since this kit is
the same (except for the computer that drives the extra injectors) as the kit
for an R/T or a Durango, I could not mount the ignition box or the retard
control where they suggested as I do not have a console. Other than that, it
went real easy.

I have been lucky enough to find a few dry spots and do a little testing.
The boost comes up very quickly to around five psi almost as soon as you get
into the throttle, it hits the maximum of nine psi right around 5000.
Without the blower, the motor peaks early and there really isn’t much left by
the time you hit 5000. With the blower, it keeps pulling harder, but as I
found out, the 5200 rev limiter works.

The ignition can retard from zero to four degrees per psi. The best spot
feels around one and a half, but I will have some real numbers from the track
if it ever stops raining.

Judging by seat of the pants, I am guessing at a high 13, maybe better,
depending on how I can get this thing to leave. I will post the numbers when
I get them.

Wayne