Re: Lets talk about GEARING

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 17:30:04 EDT

    Check out http://www.ring-pinion.com for the best prices I've been
able to find on the net. They have everything you need including
installation kits.
    Installation of rear end gears or the Dana Trac-Lok posi units
should be done by a professional. It's not something you want to try
yourself unless you are proficient in rear ends. I've recently been
told that labor should be no more than 4 to 5 hours for gears and
Trac-Lok. Also, make sure that whoever puts in the gears gives you a
warranty.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm

> I want to bump up my rear... Currently I have the stock sport rear 3.55. I
want to get the 3.92. I have no idea where to get one, and have no idea how
much it cost to get, or how to put it on. Can someone help me?
> One more thing... Is there a bigger one I can get? I wouldn't mind going
past the 4's... I like burning rice!! I can't say I have had the pleasure of
it yet... I go against mostly rangers, S-10's, and V6 CAMARO's (those are
fun).