RE: exhaust rattle

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 18:14:40 EDT

> Hey everyone,
>
> Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me.....
> When I first start my truck in the morning, or anytime its "cold", I have
a very
> pronounced rattle coming from my exhaust. This goes away when
> the truck begins to warm up. You can hear it out of the tailpipe, and
> from directly underneath the cab. Any idea what this could be? It sounds
> like it might be coming from the catalytic converter. If it is the cat,
what
> are the chances of the dealer replacing it under warranty with a modified
exhaust?

The kitty went bad... The rattling is it's insides coming apart... As for
warranty they have to replace the cat (8/80), if they insist on replacing
the exhaust since you have an MP cat-back it has to be replaced with same.
If they give you noise about the cat-back, it is an MOPAR product..

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd R/T (Redneck/Truck)
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886