Re: Autolites again..

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 09:10:29 EDT

I put in 3923s last fall with little over a month left in the track
season (replacing the Champion Truck plugs) and ran them over the
winter in mainly city driving. I had decided to check the Truck
plugs after reading posts about their wear. Sure enough, they
showed wear ... plus gaps were largers than when originally set.

I pulled the 3923s in prep for opening day at the truck. They showed
no wear and were rust-coloured (a normal appearance from what I read
on a site on spark plug readings). As a matter of fact, my first
impression as I pulled them was that they looked new except for
the colouring.

I found that, with non-agressive type of city driving, they will
exhibit very minor and infrequent symptoms of fouling but a mild
acceleration (city not highway) cleared it up.

If it were not for going to the track, I would probably try the
normal range 3924s.

BTW, the owner of the auto. supply shop that I got the plugs from
and who referenced his books said that the 392x family were listed
for the 360 engine while the 592x family were listed the 318s and
because of their (592x) size were truck-oriented plugs.

Just my experiences.

Bob