RE: RE: Noises from Rear End : Vin# Reg.

From: msnbcnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 16:51:47 EDT

 For my own sanity, Please, anyone with a V6 SLT 4x2
 and 3.55 Gears. Do you hear any nosies from the rear
 end? Dealership said it is the noise characteristic
 of all Dakotas.

You know something that annoys me quite heavily is the fact that THEY
KNOW
there is a problem, but they fail to admit it. Whoever said this to you
should get a glove-slap across
the face. If this were true then DC doesnt know how to make a rear end. i
dont hear chebbys and ferds doing "whooooo-whoooo" (maybe ferds, when
their on fire) ;)

Well if anyone bothered to input their info into the VIN# Registry,
bothered
to update it, it might be a useful resourse.
To have all our 800 members VIN#'s in order if prodution. maybe those
V6's
are sequential off the line???? Would be a lot easyier to prove to DC
something was wrong if they were squential??
that's just my opinion.

I posted this problem to the Vin registry LONG AGO and it was never
updated, (few months back i think) Jon is a busy guy.

Anyway, I have had this noise since i can remeber. at the very least 700
miles on the odometer. I always thought the diff was low on oil, or the
gears were being chewed up. I hear absolutely NO NOISE above 50mph and
below 40mph, its just between that range. But when I do hear it, its
quite loud. In fact, i think it might be getting louder. 3 times to the
freakin dealer for the same thing.

anyway, would aprreciate keeping me posted

Guahiro
99 RC V6
noisy 3.55 open dif

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!