Re Turning the distributor (late reply)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 15:07:00 EDT

Sorry for the late reply. I was in the truck watching the
scanner readout while someone else did the turning. Just
got a hold of him.

Turning the distributor (adjusting when the injectors open) is
a very fine motion ... about 1 mm circumference turn for 1 degree
... advance is a clockwise turn.

Resetting the distributor to OE specs requires a high end scanner
capable of performing the test (I would think that there MAY be
other ways). The reset test requires that the revs be brought up
to and held at 1000 rpms while the distributor is turned.

Also, my scanner manual says that the IAC be reset to OE specs
before the distributor reset.

Bob