Noise from the Rear End ! ! ! ! ! !

From: Joseph Council (joseph_council@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 23:23:00 EDT

Hey Guys,

I fouind this on the at
http://www.carcast.com/cc/conference/messages/1988.html It looks like that
Chrysler know about the problem and they can't seem to fix the problem.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is the next step for US?

>Here is my follow up to the arbitration board hering that I went to for my
1999 Dodge Dakota Sport, The hering was a cake walk, >there was 4 board
members and a guy from Chrysler they ask me to explain my case and why I was
not happy, I told them about the >whine in the rear of my truck and that it
was not a fixable item by Chrysler, the guy from Chrysler said that thay
have had this >concerine from about 1976 in all the 3.55 rear ends and again
he stated that there was not a fix for the item. My date was 2-9-99 & >on
2-10-99 they made there judgement that Chrysler was to replace my truck with
another new one. If asnone wants a copy of the >hering file please email me
with an mailing address and I will get it in the mail right away for you.
>: I'm a new 1998 (or 1999) Dodge Dakota potential buyer. Any thoughts? I
looked that teh Chevy S-10, too small. Chevy c\k gas >mileage too low.
Ford's: reliability too bad (or maybe not? Please inform me), amd Dodge Ram,
too big. I'm looking for a mid-sized >pickup. The Dakota looked very sleak,
and the test drive went well but I'd like to hear from others before I buy.
One thing I did notice >in the test drive, is that while braking I heard air
or a squeal or something. When I ased the salesman, he said "Oh that's
normal". >ACK! I need some advice before I buy, please :-) If possible
please also send reply to my email box: rjrj38141@aol.com

Joe C
Smithfield, VA
'00 CC SLT Patriot Blue