Gibson cat back installed, free OEM exhaust anyone? :)

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 21:28:03 EDT

Hi all,

I installed my group bought Gibson sweptside (stainless) exhaust today
(Thanks again SmokinDakota). It took me about 3 hours, most of which was
coaxing the old exhaust off in a gentle manner. The Gibson is terrific,
just the right amount of exhaust noise, and the butt-dyno is _very clearly_
impressed. The little mileage computer is impressed too, I reset and it
seems to be averaging about 2 mpg better, but I really won't know for a
thousand miles or so.

The install was a piece of cake, though I spent some time tinkering to make
sure it was _exactly_ where I wanted it. The system came with a
clamp/hanger and a clamp for the connection directly to the rear of the
muffler, but the clamp/hanger seemed to line up exactly where I would have
wanted the non-hanger clamp to be so I just omitted the extra one.

Overall, looks terrific, sounds terrific, definite power/mpg improvement.
Highly recommended.

Anyone in the Southeastern Michigan area that might want an OEM exhaust with
5k miles on it, you are welcome to come get it.. :-)

/Curt
00 Quad 4.7 4x4