plug gap and timing question (2nd post)

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 14:46:10 EDT

>okay i hope that this hasnt been asked before.
>i have an 88 v6 dak and i just put in an msd blaster 2 coil.

I have an 88 v6 with the accel 50,000 volt coil (old daily driver)

>1. can i open the plug gap or do i need to do more to the ignition?
>if so, how much? (its at .035 stock now)

I opened up my gap to .045 and lost some off the line, the high end really
screamed though, so I backed down to .040.

>2. if i run premium pump gas (91 octane), can i advance the base
>ignition timing or will the comp do that automaticly?
>if so how much? (stock 10` btdc)

you can do it yourself, i was running 15 ' btdc at idle and it would pull
like a son of a .... but anyway sometimes when coasting into a corner it
would stumble then just go like a bat, i tried octane boost to no avail,
but the timing was good for .4 sec in the quater (g tech).. it pulled a
solid and repeatable 18.0-18.1 with bad traction, damn sanded roads....

hope this helps,
Chris

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, tinted windows, Magnum front plate, flairs, clear
corners, Stereo & Performance Planning in progress...