Re: Looking For Suggestions

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 21:17:01 EDT

Mike,

Sounds exactly like my truck. 5 speed, no power seats but damned near
everything else. I wondered about the 1800# payload package as well, but
rejected it thinking that it would give to stiff a ride. I reasoned that if
I ever needed the extra payload capacity I could use an add-a-leaf or some
similar device. Doesn't address the lack of added breaking but what the hell
I did get the 4 wheel ABS. I kicked around the final drive ratio issue for a
while too. Did some calculations based on the 31" (actually 30.5") tire size
and realized that the engine would not be turning all that much faster while
cruising at highway speeds. MPG has suffered little if any and has more that
been made up by the addition of a Quick-D intake and TB. With the 3.92
gears, I can really move out when I want to. Makes that little 4.7 think
it's much bigger than it is. I'm glad I got the 3.92 LSD rear end. Don't
worry about the CA/NY emissions package. It amounts to a couple of mini cats
stuffed up close the engine attached directly to the exhaust manifolds and
some likely reprogramming of the computer. It only costs 5HP which really
isn't very noticeable if at all. Anyway, it's not really a choice if ya live
in a state that requires it. :(

Hope this helps,
Andrew