Re: ATTN: Who has had their cat replaced by the dealer?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 23:28:53 EDT

I think my exhaust was actually taken to an exhaust shop in Louisiana. They
replaced the cat and it appears that all the piping wasn't replaced. They
ran the same pipe and just welded the cat RIGHT there.. sucked tho, because
later on, I found a small needle sized leak on top where the welding was
probably really hard to get to so they kinda missed it there.
-Dester

<< Hey guys,

     My cat is a goner on my '99 Dak. What I'm wondering is when you had your
 cat replaced, did they replace the cat as an assembly (pipes and all), or
 did they cut the old one out and weld the new one in the existing pipes? I
 had to have a custom pipe ran from my y-pipe to the cat, so I'd need the new
 cat to be welded in.... is the dealer capable of this?

 Thanks,