window replacement?

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 00:31:39 EDT

Ok Mike, if I can handle this job, you can. (At least this is what I went
through on a couple Volkswagens and my old Ram 4X4)
You'll need: a buddy, the new weatherstrip, a can of spray silicone lube, and
a long enough piece or clothesline or heavy duty twine to go around the
weatherstrip. Put the weatherstrip on the window, wipe clean the opening in
the truck for the window and lube it well with the silicone. Loop the string
around the weatherstrip in the gasket area that would be sealing the truck.
Lube the part of the weatherstrip that will be inside the truck too if you
want. Get inside the cab. Have your buddy hold the window up against the truck
where it is supposed to fit. You will need the string hanging down on the
inside where you are. Start the weatherstrip in over the lip in the truck
body as far as you can with your fingers, then with your buddy constantly
pressing in on the window pull the string out towards you slowly around the
window. It will pull in the weatherstrip as you go around the window. Use a
popsicle stick or something similar to coax along any uncooperative parts of
the gasket. Work your way around until you have the whole gasket pulled in and
you're done. Sounds alot worse than it is. And you get to use extremely high
tech gadgets like clothesline and popsicle sticks. Shoot me a note if you
still have questions.
Tim