Re: 4.7 Oil change suggestions

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 16:35:14 EDT

> I want to change my oil before I hit the track again this Friday night
> any suggestions
> I have been using Mobil 1 10-30

I really think its hard to beat Mobil 1. However, there is
Redline 10w30 and Royal Purple Racing 21 (flows like 5w30).
These are very expensive oils, (polymers) around $8-10 per
qt, but they help make HP. Mobil 1 (MM hydrocarbon) is easier on
the pocket book, so I'm going for a polymer/hydrocarbon mixture
on the next oil change. Not as practicle as dino oil some say,
but neither is a 10 mpg, 325 horse hot rod. ;)

GS -