To Scapegoat:

From: Rich (spook7@marshallnet.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 17:20:43 EDT

To Scapegoat:

Hello. I like it. It is really pretty tough stuff. As far as going to
the metal, I guess that it isn't absolutely necessary to do that. I just

did it cause I had access to the air grinding equipment. If you use a
good wax stripper and then rough up the paint thoroughly,
the stuff (it isn't paint that's for sure. Some kind of acrylic I
suppose.) should go on pretty well. I do like the texture you get from
the roller. Took probably 8 hours for 2 of us to do the whole job. Like
I said, the sanding is the hardest part but if you use an
electric sander it helps. Also, if you do go to the metal in a few spots
it is ok and the stuff will still stick. I met a guy the other
day who just sanded after removing the wax and it is holding up great. I
recommend the stuff. Looks real nice too.
Good luck and let me know what you decide to do.
Rich aka Spook$

ScapeGoat wrote:

  Hi there - I'm thinking about the roll-in type liner that you were
talking about on DML. I'm interested to hear your experience with it
because I
  am thinking about it myself. I've seen a kit at Walmart that includes
a can of the stuff as well as a roller, paint pan, and some cut-in
tools. I
  was a little apprehensive when I read you need to sand and scuff up
the bed and just now when I read you said to go to the bare metal...
  Something about that frightens me. Anyways, thanks! jeff