4WD Shifting

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 21:55:32 EDT

I do know how to shift from 2WD into 4HI/4LO, since I have 4wheeled with my
Dak since I had it, and now it has 123,700 miles on it. Onto the real
question here:
Has anyone ever had trouble engaging into 4HI? I have never(really, I mean
NEVER!) had any trouble engaging into 4WD and when I went into 4HI today,
the lever back out into 2WD. It really seemed like it just did not want to
go into 4HI. The lever was not hard to pull back, like something was jamming
or stuck in the linkage, just had the normal feel of the lever. I tried 3-4
times and it went into 4HI, the 4WD light came on, and then the lever
'creeped' back out. Eventually I go it to stick in 4HI, but I would like to
know 4WD is there when I need it to be there. Do the shifter linkages have
to be lubricated at all?? I changed the tcase fluid on Friday, and it is at
the right level. Hmmmmm. Any thoughts?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6