Re: Re: the eagle has landed

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:09:25 EDT

What year is your truck? Unless it's a '93 with the
> upper radiatr hose going around behing the A/C compressor, you're going to
> need another upper hose for extra material. I found that the '93 model hose
> was an absolute b*#& to find.

Mine's a '93 so I luck out on the hose!

> Also check the distributor hold down clamp,
> I had to grind it down a lil for some weird reason it was barely touching
> the manifold.....

Thanks for the tip here. I see Rich W. just grinded a bit off the
manifold to clear that area. I kinda like that idea beter, sounds
easier. I'll cross this bridge when I get to it, maybe mine will
clear ok..

> And before you put the intake on, check it over for
> casting flaws, paying close attention to the fuel injector bosses, mine had
> extra material just barely hanging on and would have fallen right down into
> the head if I hadn't cut it off..

I checked my injector holes and they look ok. No pieces hangin loose.
 I now see what you posted once about the bosses missing a chunk of
 material down in the bottom. It looks like they have improved the
 casting as mine is close but not missing anything like yours was.

> good luck w/ the install, keep us posted

Sure will. Thanks!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com