Re: '87 3.9 gas mileage

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 19:09:18 EDT

on my 88 I got like 13-14 average in drive like a jerk mode, but on the
highway I would get up to 20 average, with 18-19 typical at 75. I have TB
inj, an FABM, Accel 50kVolt coil, 8.8mm Accel Wires, No cat, no tailpipe,
2" exhaust, turbo muffler, and no lockup convertor on the OD slushbox. I
was in condition to expect good mileage... But it was a decent performer,
traction limited by sanded roads I managed to get a G-teched 18.04 quarter
mile out of it before I got my new truck...

Chris

> >>I've got a 1987 3.9l dakota. Any ideas on how I can increase gas
>mileage and
>performance?<<
>
>is it Carbed or Fuel injected?
>there are a few things out there for performance, but you have more
>options if you have a carb than if you have fuel injection. On my 88 I
>have headers, high flow cat, Borla muffler, 14" air cleaner, and
>Magnecore wires. They helped quite a bit! I get 21 to 23 mpg on the
>highway.
>
>- -mike d.

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, tinted windows, Magnum front plate, flairs, clear
corners, Stereo & Performance Planning in progress...