Re: Judging Paxton air hat

From: Carboni, Robert (rcarboni@ets.org)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 10:24:53 EDT

The plastic tube running from the s/c to the airhat leaks as does the
plastic airhat. I fabricated a home-made fix to strengthen the ends of the
plastic tube with some aluminum fence post caps. Here's the details:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9668/dPowerdyne.html#dPowerdyneStar

I can tighten down the clamps now, and have not heard any leaks. The Paxton
airhat (part no. 8002331) can be purchased directly from Paxton for $225, or
from racesearch.com for $213.75.

Bob C.
'98 Durango 5.9
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9668/index.html#dHomeStart

>> I'm getting this weird 'woosh'
sound at max boost (around 6ish) which I have no idea where it is coming
from. There is no evidence of the manifold leaking, so I was thinking it
might be a problem with the air hat. Where did you get the Paxton hat from?