Re: Thanks DML...(ALL READ!)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 14:58:39 EDT

At 12:07 PM 6/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip> Yesterday on the way home from work my "check engine" light came on.
>To make a long story short a mechanic said it was probably the oxygen sensor.
>After finding out that there are two O2 sensors at $60 and $80 a piece,
>I decided to bleed my computers memory by disconnecting the battery-turning
>the ignition and reconnecting the battery. Apparently the "idiot light"
went out.
>I assume that if the O2 sensor is really bad the light will come back on.
>So far no $$$ to fix. I figure if it comes back on I will have it put on
a diagnostic
>machine. <snip>

Hi, Mike

I don't know if this would apply in your case but sometimes a long
period of idling in one spot will cause the 2nd O2 sensor (cat) to trigger
the Check Engine lamp ... resetting the computer will turn the lamp
off. It happened to me once last winter when I was waiting for someone
during an extremely cold day and I would fire up the engine every 1/2 hour
or so for some heat.

Bob