Re: 4X4 in the 13's/ 4 wd launch?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 17:33:12 EDT

Sandman wrote:

> I race mine in 4wd all the time. Have had it about a year and had no
> problems out of it yet. I just take off in 4wd and then kick it out at
> about 40-50mph. Works rather well, have toasted everyone I've raced. 2
> other daks, an eclipse, couple mustangs, and a chevy pickup.

There's a legendary street racer in Mesquite, TX that uses 4 low to launch.
He runs thru a few gears, hit's 2w and keeps rowing.
Oh, I almost forgot....he launches on rev limit!
This is all 2nd hand info, but the guy that told me isn't known to lie.
I heard it again thru someone completely different also.
I'm inclined to believe it.
Alan S.