Re: Still having Problems :(

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 16:44:05 EDT

Heather, I don't know if the I4 has this same part but a lot of times
the AIS motor gets dirty or goes bad and will cause the engine to
stall. I don't know if you have already checked this or not. Mine
was doing this once and a new AIS fixed it. I would suggest you
remove yours (unless you have already ruled this out) and clean it
with some throttle body cleaner and re-install it. If that fixes
things for a while or you see an improvement then you've found your
culprit.

The AIS stands for Automatic Idle Speed, and it will be located on the
back of the throttle body. Unplug the electrical wire and take out
two torx head bolts and it will come out. ---Unless the I4 is
different. I've never really looked at one---

Hope this helps you...... Hang in there, Daks are hard to
troubleshoot sometimes!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com