Re: Paint Protection

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 17:25:25 EDT

I got the factory stuff and IMHO it's crap! The first couple months it
looked really nice, the water beaded off really good, etc... Now it's
like it was never there and I have to wax it. Could be a diff. brand than
what your talking about, not to sure, but I think it was a money sucker!
(I just called and he said they get it from chrysler. He Didn't know the
"brand")

>Hi all,
>
>Has anyone used a paint protection product such as Toughguard? This is
>supposed to be some kind of acrylic finish that protects the paint for 5
>years b4 re-application is necessary. No waxing is required in between.
>They are located in Arlington, TX. Used to be only applied by dealers
but
>now they have a do-it-yourself product that is a lot cheaper. DML'ers in
>TX, have you guys heard about this stuff? Does it work? Check out their
>site at:
>http://www.toughguard.com
>
>Thanks, all, for your help.
>
>Ron

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"