Re: Re: 4X4 traction bars

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 17:47:25 EDT

Well I'll tell you what!!!!! oh, you said be nice... sorry....

they're basically 2 peices of steel that pull the spring leaves together
where they split away from the spring pack, basically making the whole thing
stiffer.. the ride is slightly more harsh, but not really noticeable.
You'll need 4 clamps, 2 per side and all ahead of the axle itself..

I think I have a pic of them on my page.. www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4/clamp.jpg
I think is the filename, not sure if I have a link on my page or not.. I'm
going to the pool now (95+deg here) so if I'm not making any sense, just
hollar and I'll snap a pic of them later