Re: Sipping?

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 08:51:32 EDT

If you drive your dakota hard, even live around a gravel road, burn out,
then tire siping is NOT for you. it sure does cut tons of extra slits in
your tire, but it really sucks, man. I had it done to a set of tires before
and I didn't feel any improvement in rain/snow/dry traction. I think dry
traction actually suffered

Another bad thing about sipping the tires is that. the FIRST time you burn
out or drive on gravel, you lose chunks of your tires.

In my opinion. it's a "no no" I'd pass it up. Not worth reducing the life
of your tires. If the "technology" were that great, why doesn't the dealer
sipe them from the factory? get it?
-Dester

<< I think I got the spelling right. But anyway the local tire store dose
this thing to the tire treads, They put cuts across the treads that incress
the control on wet and dry roads. Just asking if anyone else has tried it or
heard of it. The bill per tire is $10 >>