RE: Sipping?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:58:06 EDT

Well, Discount Tire out here offers it every time you buy a set of tires (or
even one). Petersons and Offroad magazine both tested the "Siping" theory
and found that it did work slightly better on wet roads, but at a cost of
loosing tire life (chunks of tire tread being removed while offroading). My
BFG's have a factory "siped" tread on them so I'm not worried about it. If
you start slipping too much on wet pavement (or any road to that extent),
either slow down or don't drive. Keep it safe, not stupid. ;)

$0.02

- Bernd