Re: Mesa headers and why somebody might gripe...

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 10:25:10 EDT

Jim-

> I guess maybe you didn't receive the email reply yesterday for more info.

No, I didn't receive an email from you, even though I contacted you off-list
via email on 5/31 and asked for information:

>> I agree with *you* Tim -- I don't understand why one would slam them
without
>> substantiating their claims. Doesn't make any sense.
>
>Anyone on this list that knows me will understand. Airing of a company's
>problems doesn't help anyone. I have my views and chose not to provide the
>specifics. Needless to say, if you have any problems with their product,
it
>will be a very long and drawn out process. I still say, which apparently
nobody
>remembers, that they make a great header.
>
>Any problems with that??

Well, it's a free country, so I guess you can do whatever you want to do.
But I'll have to disagree about "airing of a company's problems". It helps
everbody. It would've helped ME. It would've helped anybody who was
thinking about buying headers. It would help Mesa, if they are smart and
they are paying attention.

And I'm sure everybody remembers that you were praising the headers while
issuing dire warnings not to *help me out* by letting Mesa measure their
truck in return for a deal on a cat-back OR a set of headers. Did I
remember to thank you for THAT? Sorry, musta slipped my mind.

Isn't the point of DML to share information with other Dakota users? Your
original post...

> DO NOT DO IT!!!!! While the product is a great product, you will regret
it!!!!
> I did and so have more than a couple Durango owners.

...and your subsequent refusal to tell us WHY you had a bad opinion of Mesa
didn't make sense for such a mailing list. It still doesn't.

> Did you even read the post from last night???

I didn't see a post from you from yesterday. Musta missed that -- would you
please repost, or send me a copy off-list?

Grady Ogburn
jgo@uswest.net
Fight SPAM -- http://www.cauce.org/