Re: Re: headers on!

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 17:06:12 EDT

Yeah, but yours is a 5.9, Terry. I'd expect it to take more bolts
than my 3.9!
However, it's not leaking at this point. Russ checked that after the
install, before we went back to the BBQ (fool that I am, I forgot to
leave my key)
I know I'll have to tighten the bolts again, but I think they're
gonna have to loosen up a bit first.
Flip
---- Begin Original Message ----

Dester223@aol.com wrote:
>Flip, do you hear any "ticking" noises?  if you get a ticking sound,
it could
>be an exhaust leak and headers are prone to leaking.  Tighten those
header
>bolts up every day (shuold be 4 per side with a 10 mm wrench)  it's
pretty

My MP headers have 6 per side with a 3/8 or 10mm wrench.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC