Re: Re: Bouncy Truck

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 22:53:08 EDT

while right to a point a properly damped shock will change how the rearend
hops. Incorrect shocks make it worse. With the proper shocks the rear
with act like a vibration isolator where the rear of the truck will
actually perform flawlessly, of course as speed or the road conditions
change dramatically what was once perfect will now be less than adequate,
so i guess the best answer is tune for your specs, changing tire pressure
effectively changes teh spring rate of the rear of the truck making the
isolator effect happen, the other way is to change the shocks. Myself i
prefer to change shocks than to lowering my tire pressures as i love to
have good cornering ability. just my $2.87

Chris

>Maybe, maybe not. The shocks are only dampers. The springs bounce (or
>don't bounce), the shocks control the bouncing. To "perfect" the ride I
>think you'd probably have to tune the spring rates AND the shocks.
>
>Tire pressures are a lot easier, faster and cheaper to play with.

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, "Eats Rice Daily, They Never Learn"