Re: Having fits!-please respond!!!

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 01:27:21 EDT

>>I'm still not decided on how to lower my truck! I'm about ready to say
forget it and just leave it where it is!<<

Sorry for the lateness in responding, but I can't pass this one up =)

I know you've probably heard this a million times, but how low are you
looking to go? The Hotchkis isn't that drastic of a drop. With the
Western Chassis kit you can go as low as you want (up to 4/6 drop). I
have the Western Chassis kit on my 88. I got a 3/5 drop which came with
spindles (your kit would have control arms) and Eibach springs (which
drop a V6 1", a V8 1.5", and a CC add another .75") The back was the
adjustable hangers and shackles, which I have on the full 4" drop setting
and a 1" block.
>From what I've driven and rode in, the Western Kit rides eons better than
the Hotchkis, but the Hotchkis handles better and costs a LOT more. I had
the 3/5 drop on my doorstep for $640 with shocks. The Hotchkis, you're
paying for superior r&d and a damn fine handling kit, but if you're
looking for a big altitude adjustment, the Western Chassis kit is what
you need.
Also, last I checked Western Chassis didn't make a lowering block kit for
Daks with the R/T rear end due to the U bolts. You may be able to use the
Ram kit, but I don't know for sure (worth a try I guess).
Another thing to think about, Western Chassis's biggest baddest kit comes
with a C-notch, so you can notch the frame for more axle travel. I did
that and it's SSSOOOO nice when I hit a big ol' bump and I don't hear
anything hit anything else =)

-mike d.

----> Clubless in Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! --->slammed 88 Dakota, 360 swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.