Re: Re: Intro. and 5-speed questions

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 22:08:54 EDT

Luke,

A FACTORY warranty is the ONLY way to go. Years ago I bought a warranty from
an independent company and when I needed to file a claim I discovered that
they were out of business. As luck would have it their accounts were picked
up by another company. As luck wouldn't have it I was 214 miles out of the
warranty coverage period. Anyway, an extended warranty from the manufacturer
is much safer as they are very unlikely to go out of business like an
independent warranty company could.

In general, the DC warrantees are pretty good. You have until the end of the
factory/standard warranty period to purchase an extended warranty, so no
great hurry to buy one right away. The advantage of getting one at the time
of purchase is that you can roll the cost into the monthly payments.

Hope this helps
Andrew