Re: 2000 Durango R/T question

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 13:05:11 EDT

FYI-- You shouldn't have much difference if any, between
the right and left hand side with the limited slip diff.

If you do, your rear end might be messed up, or doesn't
have the correct limited slip friction additive that is
required when you do an rear end lube change.

My RT will leave 2- equal length 10"x25' patches of rubber
on a moments notice. The 4x4RT we have will 'chirp' both
tires at the same time :P

Sam '00 RT Mopar Headers/F&B Stage I/Flowmaster40/Crower
1.7
           K&N Gen II
    '99 4x4RT Mopar Headers/F&B Stage I/Flowmaster/QuickD

--- Charles Wyman <cewyma@Roushind.com> wrote:
> Sorry Steve but yes it is correct...the Durango R/T only
> comes with the full time transfer case. I didn't get it
> when I ordered my SLT Plus, but wish I did now. I
> ordered the LSD with the 3.92 axle. The LSD doesn't work
> the way I thought it would. Basically the passenger side
> rear tire spins a lot more that the drivers side when I
> get on it. I thought they would spin equally. $32K is a
> pretty good price though. When I was pricing them most
> dealers wanted about $36K. The only reason I didn't get
> one was because the discount I get working for Roush does
> not include certain vehicles, such as limited production
> vehicles. Which the Durango R/T is.

> Chuck
> '00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
> 5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II
> 275/60/R17)
> 2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
> Quick-D T-body & intake
> Mopar Performance PCM (on back order)
> Auto Specialties 2 pulley set
> Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by
> Caribbean Customs
> MTX Thunderform w/ built in amp (on order)
> best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
> www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
> cewyma@roushind.com

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 06:51:00 -0700
> From: Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil>
> Subject: DML: 2000 Durango R/T question
>
> After talking to the dealer, I explained I didn't want
> the Platinum color
> but FLAME RED. He He. My better half
> vehicle.....DuranViper HS/T
>
> I guess that in the Southern California, there is only
> two left for this
> year model. Still waiting on the pricing, since I can
> get the R/T for 32K
> and some change. There is now a 2K knock off the price,
> due to no more 2K
> ordering this year.
>
> I asked the dealer to installed the Mopar headers,
> replaced the Mopar
> exhaust system for dual exhaust, install the latest HO
> chip, if not
> installed already and the Viper stripes. The only problem
> is the 4x4. I
> don't want a 4x4 version but 4x2. He said, this is the
> only model they come
> in. Now I am asking if this is correct? I thought the
> Dakota R/T comes in
> only a 4x2 not a 4x4 version.
>
> - -------------------------------------------
> Steven St.Laurent
> Test Engineer
> Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
> MARCORSYSCOM, USMC
> 760-725-2506 (DSN 365-2506)
> Work:mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
> Home:mailto:saint1958@home.com

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com