Re: 2000 Durango R/T question (Chuck) (long)

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 15:18:24 EDT

Not sure about the tires.

But here is the low down on the Durango R/T. You get the following with the R/T package: everything that's in the SLT+ package plus these: 250 HP 5.9L V8 (the added 5 HP over the stock engine comes from a sport tuned exhaust and a performance PCM...but it's not the Mopar Performance PCM), 3.92 full time 4x4, color matched running boards, 17"x9" R/T wheels, two tone leather seats and suede door trim. I think that is about it...I may be missing a few little things but I don't have my brochure with me right now.

And yes they do have the Mopar Performance PCM out for the 2000's. Mine is currently on back order and I hope to have it by early July. It's good for 28 HP. I've got a pretty good connection that sold me one for just under $300. I think they are around $450 at a dealer.

As far as room for headers there is plenty. I'm looking into putting them on after I do a suspension upgrade. I think I may go with the JBA's. A friend has them on his Dak R/T and got a 25 RWHP increase in his dyno numbers.

If you want to see what a R/T Durango in flame red will look like check out my website listed below. I still need to develop my engine pics showing my Quick-D intake, etc... Also there is a link to the DOC (Durango Owners Club) on my website that has a forum where you can talk to Durango owners...great place to gather information...similar to the DML!

How much is the dealer charging you to do the skunk stripes?

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
Quick-D T-body & intake
Mopar Performance PCM (on back order)
Auto Specialties 2 pulley set
Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean Customs
MTX Thunderform w/ built in amp (on order)
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com