Re: New to list...HELP!!!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 21:53:21 EDT

xjruss@excite.com wrote:
>just bought my dak three months ago and I love it, only problem is it pings
>like a SOB. I did the plug wire reroute, changed plugs to bosch platinums,

You would be better off with regular plugs. Platinums are good for
long use between changes, but something like copper Autolites will do
better for performance. I would go one step colder than stock, try
the Autolite 3923's. The colder plugs may help reduce pinging.

>new cap(brass contacts) and rotor, and replaced wires with magnecore 8mm's.
>After all that, no difference. Had the dealer check it out, they checked
>for an intake leak, nothing, everything checks out fine. PLEASE HELP!!!!
>Any suggestions.

Install a 180 stat. A cooler engine will help. Some people solved
the pinging problem with a new map sensor. Might also want to
consider running 89 octane if you're using 87 now.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC