RE: Re: borla exhaust for 4.7

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 16:27:34 EDT

I wouldn't have the Intake done yet, for those who are going with the Super
Charger. I have a Automotive Engineer explained about air fluid dynamics
and that the stock version may not work with a higher HP output. I have to
agree, seeing the Ford version of the 5.4 with modification made with the
injectors weight, throttle bodies, air sensors and so forth.

Borla are being sold inclusively with TruckPerformance.Com right now and
they work with 4.7L. The warranty package is excellent with the east coast
folks. Price is 418.49 dollars and they have them. It comes with the cross
over pipes. The material is T304 steel. The shorty version not long tube.

I would not go with any other PCM chip except Mopar. The brains or computer
chip is the most important part of the truck but I would trust in Mopar and
pay the 300.00 for it and it when available. According to Jet has a PC
version to reprogram the chip but I really don't think this EEPROM version
will like it.

The latest AirRaid 4.7L version is not the same as the 5.2 or 5.9. The
difference lies in the box design and filter used. This would pass any
California CARB test. They have the numbers on the Dyno results (some lucky
Dakota got a free Air Kit) of 11HP gain.

When I talked to Golden West the kits should be available by late summer
time.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA