Re: Dodge Intrepid R/T - Nascar Video Clip

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 20:09:49 EDT

The reason for the difference is to give some justification to paying $5k
more for the 300M. According to Car & Drivel, putting Premium fuel in the
Intrepid R/T gives it slightly more HP than the 300M without having a
chip that requires the premium fuel. In this manner you can get the level
of performance yu want to pay for but switch between fuels for whatever
reason at any time.

BTW, my wife's 95 Intrepid with the 24V 3.2L engine really moves well.
For driving a car, it ain't bad at all and it sure is easy on the eyes.

Richard in San Antonio

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:31:20 -0400 "Bob King" <k85go76@erols.com> writes:
> Here's the thing that puzzles me about all this. Why must Ma Mopar
> keep
> spinning off variations of this engine in various levels of tune?
> The R/T
> rated at 242hp and the 300M at 253hp...why? Why not just spare the
> expense
> of having ANOTHER engine (mildly different) and slap in the 253hp
> motor from
> the Chrysler!?? Would anyone object to a little more ooomph in
> their
> Intrepid R/T?
>

> Bob King
> Pennsville, NJ