Re: New Application for 4.7

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 21:07:45 EDT

Warning! Riceophobes stop reading now!

I would love to drop a 4.7L into the Datsun 240Z sitting in my back yard
with bad rings! Many have put small block chevy's into the early Z-cars
but the 4.7L would have a distinct weight advantage plus the advantage
of simply being Mopar-related (there is a reason Z fanatics call the chevy
v8 conversions 'lumps'). I don't care what anybody says, these
are legendary cars on the racing circuit and I have liked 'em ever since
I was a kid and probably always will. You gotta drive one before judging.
In their day their rollover resistance was second only to Corvettes or off
the lot cars in the US.