Re: RE: Re: RE: Dak won't start!?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 23:31:01 EDT

> I don't know Kyle. Sure are symptoms of a bad battery. You bought it
9/97.
> That makes it 3.5 years old. Many a battery has died in that amt of time.
> I kinda agree with Derek. You said even the fuel pump wouldn't hum. That
> kinda eliminates the solenoid. How about lights?

When the truck was 'dead', I had lights, radio, horn, etc. I was always
under this assumption: With the headlights on, a low or going bad battery
would dim the headlights when the truck was attempted to start. The
headlights did not change, just stayed on, bright too. The battery tested
good, this is why I am just leery off blaming the battery yet. I will retest
the batteries power level in the morning after it has had time to sit. But,
would the fuel pump hum if the starter couldnt even get power to it? I mean,
wouldnt a bad or going bad solenoid prevent juice from getting to the
starter? How could one minute the truck not even crank(I mean the thing was
DEAD!) and the next it fire right up like nothing was wrong? I do appreciate
all the info and input though, keep it coming! THANKS!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6